Wednesday 30 September 2015

Street Art in Melbourne - Coburg II

I had a post on Street Art in Coburg late last year.  I continue to discover more art in the area so here we go again.  Above is on Reynard Street.

Artwork on Oxygen Youth Space in Gaffney Street, Coburg North.  Painted by Brent Watkins and Leith Dalton.

 SpongeBob SquarePants can be seen from the Upfield train line.  Sylvia loves this picture.

 Wheatpasting near Moreland Station.  E says it is based on Klimt's The Kiss.

I had a photo of the Little Free Library in my last Coburg Street Art post.  It has been expanded but since this photo, vandals have torched the yellow bookshelf! Some people are heartless!

 Superman on the Upfield train line!

More artwork along the Upfield train line.

I think this stencil was on High Street.

Interesting recycling artwork near the corner of Harding and Nicholson Streets and more down where Harding Street meets the Merri Creek bike path.

Batman on the Upfield train line. 

And knowing that Batman is in Coburg, our citizens can sleep safely in their beds.  Stay tuned for the next episode of Coburg Street Art.....

10 comments:

  1. this goes to show how long it's been since I cycled past the little library. Horrible to hear it was torched!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye - I don't cycle past it must lately so haven't seen it since that photo but E was reading about it in the paper being burnt - it is a shame and so disrespectful

      Delete
  2. Ah The Kiss, liking the recycled owls. I love street art, so I am happy to see this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaheen - I can imagine this would be your thing - I really liked the simplicity of the owls

      Delete
  3. LOVED seeing the wall art :)
    I would LOVE to keep a bunch of us in touch year round now that MoFo is complete! Check out this specific post on my blog
    http://blissfulyogajourney.blogspot.com/2015/10/end-of-vegan-mofo-15-off-season.html
    CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer - thanks for the invitation - has been nice to keep an eye on your blog during mofo - will head over soon

      Delete
  4. What a shame about the little library! I really like the look of it. The owls are great too - actually all of these are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari - it is a real shame about the little library - it is a nice place to stop though it is really close to the bike path as we found when I went there with Sylvia and E one day

      Delete
  5. I love your street art posts - there's always something new around the next corner. The owls are so fun, and I do love the Kiss-inspired picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's some of those little tin art guys in Abbotsford/RIchmond!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)